busy all the time


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
April 23rd 2011
Published: April 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow, already two weeks over! There's so much to do in Buenos Aires - day and night.
Because of the semana santa we had classes only on Monday to Wednesday, but I worked quite hard on the imperfecto de subjuntivo! After classes I had tango lessons (my teacher, Carlos, told me that I could almost be an Argentinian 😊, visited the MALBA (Museo de Arte Latinoamericana de Buenos Aires, great fotos by Grete Stern!), the Mueso Nacional de Bellas Artes (I really do like the Argentinian art of the 20th century), had a coffee at the famous Cafe Tortoni, went to the Plaza de Mayo, waved from the balcony where Evita held her speach, did some shopping in the calle Florida, went to the "world's most beautfiul library", which used to be a theater/cinema, went dancing again until 7 am, had dinner at the steakhouse La Cabrera with people from school, walked through several of the parks, bought tickets for a neoclasical ballet at the famous Teatro Cólon (100 pesos for the best seats, waiting time to get the ticket: about 1h) for tomorrow, crossed the world's biggest street x times, walked (and still walk) at least 2h per day just to get somewhere, found the right colectivo (there are 792 different buses) to go to La Boca etc. etc. etc.

I still think that Buenos Aires is a fabulous city and I'm amazed by the Argentinian or let's call it porteño paradoxon: people run in the streets to go to work, they queue up like the British, but they have no problem with waiting half an hour just to get the bill when they're having their coffee...

Details, anecdotes, pictures follow when I'm back in CH and meet you before leaving again! Felices Pascuas (here they don't do anything special...just no meat on Friday (yes, yesterday was our steakhouse dinner...), and chocolate eggs)!!

Advertisement



24th April 2011

los jovenes
Tja, Meitschi, die Jugend macht mich ja richtig eifersüchtig, aber wart nur, wenn Du dann in Tübingen büffelst, habe ich dann mein Sabattical. Und das plane ich grad jetzt... Götti.

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb