Day 10 - Buenos Aires - San Martin, San Telmo, Puerto Madero and Plaza de Mayo


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
December 30th 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 - Dec 30 - Buenos Aires - San Martin, San Telmo, Puerto Madero and Plaza de Mayo:

Another busy day at BA today. After our usual breakfast at our hotel, we set out to see more of the city. We used their subway system yesterday and found it to be an easy way for us to get around. So, we took a subway to the Retro/Downtown area and walked from their to the San Telmo area which is mostly known for its antigues. While exploring the area, we ran into a friend from San Diego. We knew he was going to be in town but did not expect to just run into him on the street in such a big cty with millions of people. We arranged to meet up with him and his friend for dinner tonight. From San Telmo, we went to Puerto Madero. Pueterto Madero is a relatively knew in that it was re-developed over the last 10 years or so. It used to be a finshing port area. From Puerto Madero, we went to Plaza de Mayo area where the Cafe Tortoni is located. This a famous landmark in BA and was built in the 1800's. We had lunch and relaxed there to escape from the heat outside.

From Plaza de Mayo, we went back to Florida Street (a famous street in BA with lots of shops and cafes and beautiful french architecture). We then saw one of the ice cream shops a friend told us about so we tried some before heading back to the hotel.

Tomorrow, we will be doing another biking tour with same tour company. This time it will take us to some of the southern parts of the city including some spots we haven't yet been such as the Puerto Madero Reserva Ecologica, and La Boca. It was good exercise yesterday and we look forward to biking through more of the city with a knowledgeable tour guide. We had planned to take a ferry to Uraguay but the ferries were book due to the upcoming holidays. Oh well - perhaps it is just as well we have an easy day tomorrow before heading back early the following morning.

Here are some pictures from today:


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb