Ushuaia –the end of the world and beyond!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 18th 2010
Published: February 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it safely to Ushuaia on January 31 2010 !! Ushuaia is a delightful city surrounded by mountains to the north, east and west and with the Beagle Channel and Antartica to the south. We celebrated our most southern destination with a number of friends we had met and travelled with at different points along the way. We did a big photo shoot with Chris, Phillipe, Obadiah, Sue and Graham, and Dave at the end of Highway 3 at Bahia Lapataia in Tierra del Fuego National Park. We wondered around Ushuaia for a day or two in disbelief that we had come so far without an accident or major incident and still enjoyed simply being and travelling together!
Since leaving Ushuaia we travelled by ferry to Punta Arenas (back into Chile), then visited a magic penguin colony at Seno Otway and also the beautiful and famous Torres del Paine National Park. We travelled by Navimag ferry from Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt through fiords and channels of southern Chile past numerous islands, snow capped mountains and glaciers including a visit to Glacier Pio XI. We crossed back into Argentina via Villarica and Pucon past volcanoes and alpine forests and back into northern Patagonia to the quaint town of San Martin de los Andes. We finally headed east through the provinces of Rio Negra and La Pampa in the heart of rural Argentina past horses and guachos on the way to our final South American destination, Buenos Aires.
An amazing dream has come true! We have travelled 35,500kilometres in 6 months!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



1st March 2010

wheeeehooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Dear J and J, congratulations on finishing the trip!!!! must be weird now that its over. Are you in tas already? We are in the socalled secret valley of longevity in the south of ecuador, slowly following in your wheelprints. Hopefully entering peru this week! love ali and anna
8th March 2010

wow!
Too cool for words! Can't wait to sip some beer and hear the stories. Hmmmmm might need a lot of beer! xxx marty

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb