Buenos Aires - here we come!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 30th 2010
Published: February 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi it is Omer.

I am gonna tell you about Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina. Buenos Aires is one of the biggest cities in the world because only in Buenos Aires there are 16,000000 people.

Day 1: We got with the bus to the terminal of buses in Buenos Aires. We took a taxi to the apartment we ordered. When we got to the apartment we didn't have the keys only the girl that gave us the apartment had the keys, so mom went to a public phone in the street, when mom called the girl she told that it will take her about an hour to arrive, so we waited. When she arrived we went with her to the apartment she told us what was included. We were very lucky that we had an air condition and a pool in the building. Then we ate lunch, and went to sleep, but I wasn't tiered so I watched TV. When everybody waked up except from me because I was already awake, a very good friend of us called Tamy came to the Apartment we were very happy including Shachar and me. Then Dad and Tamy drank coffee, and mom tee. Then we ate dinner and went to sleep.

Day 2: We woke up about 10:00 in the morning and had for breakfast PANCAKES yummy!!! Then we did a little bit of home schooling then went to the pool for about 2 hs, Then we ate lunch, Then we went to do Shopping in the city, for me it was very boring but Nitzan was happy like it was the first time she did it. Then we went to store chain that was a coffee shop called HAVANNA It's a very famous of making alfajores. Alfajores is a kind of cookie of 2 or 3 layers of chocolate and between Dulce de Leche (ribatt halav) caramel. We bought 6 alfajores for desert for after dinner . Then we went back to the apartment and ate dinner, Then we went to sleep.

Day 3: It was Dad's birthday. I woke up early, I dressed up and made him a greeting card - it was the first time I wrote in Hebrew by myself. I tried to make him the best present in the world, it was a fancy breakfast pancakes. I set the table and started to make with my mom the pancakes - MMMMM! Then dad woke up and rad the greeting cards we all made for him. Then he ate the pancakes and talked with our families in Israel on the skype. We sang him happy birthday in 3 languages: Hebrew, English and Spanish. When the celebration was finished we went to the city.

Then we went to the widest street in the world called Avenida 9 de Julio. Then we Went to a street called Florida. There were tons of shops , kiosks, restaurants, McDonalds, Burger Kings, and cinemas. Then we went to eat lunch on the bridge above the river. Then we went to look on a market, then I saw a playground so I asked dad if I can go to play, and he said yes, so I went. After a while my dad and Shachar came also.

Then we went back to our apartment, went to the pool for only 10 minutes, then took a shower and got dressed and went to a restaurant specially for my dad's birthday, it is called Sarkis. It is an Armenian restaurant. The food was very tasty. The best salad I liked most is called Tabule. For main course we ate like a pie of meat, then we had rice with almonds and chicken. We also had kebabs with yogurt on them and a little bit of salad. The the tastiest thing got to the table rice with bamia. Bamia is a kind of green vegetable between zucchini and green beans, it is very tasty. Then we went back to the apartment and went straight to sleep.

Day 4:
We woke up and ate again pancakes for breakfast. We then went to a neighborhood called San Telmo. In San Telmo there was a huge flea market. In the beginning we walked a little bit in the market than we saw in the market a Tango show. There were a lot of people, because they wanted to see the Tango and the market. Then we walked a little bit more and saw a person that painted very nice pictures, he explained to us that he uses a lot the number 7 in his pictures: 7 flowers, 7 cats, 7 animals. Then we walked more in the market and saw a magician, he made some tricks. In the first trick he was
Street Tango ShowStreet Tango ShowStreet Tango Show

San Telmo, Buenos Aires
using a stick with three tiny hols and around each hole there was a colored sticker - yellow green and red. He put a toothpick into the yellow hole and asked me to take it from there. But when I tried it, he flipped the stick and it was on the red sticker and he said: “why didn't you take it?” Then we continued on our way in the market. Then we saw something wired there were tons of stalls selling bottles of soda, but they were empty, don't ask me why someone would buy these empty bottles. Then we walked more and saw something we saw a lot of in Argentina, they call it a cup of Mate. Mate is a thing they drink like tea, only that its with plants that are not in a tea-bag and you just have to buy it, put it in the cup of mate and pure some hot water that's it. They drink it with a special kind of straw that they call it Bombilla - its like a straw only that it is made of metal. Then we walked some more and saw a person selling chickens. They were not real
Mate Cups StallMate Cups StallMate Cups Stall

San Telmo, Buenos Aires
chickens they were made of carton and a string, and they made a sound like a real chicken - you just have to pull the string a little bit and it made a sound: pak pak, pak, pak pak, pak ...

Then we saw another stall that sold bottles of beer, cock and other glass bottles that all of them melted because they were in the oven in very high temperature. I think they were in a temperature of more than 1000 degrees. Then we saw another Tango show with less people. After that we ate sandwiches for lunch with eggs, tomato and cheese. Then we went to a book store to buy some more books for me and my brothers because we almost finished reading all our books. Then we wandered around the market again. We were already very tired from all this walking, and so we went back home.

After going again to the pool, to refresh from the whole day, we showered got dressed and went again to a restaurant near our apartment. This time it was called “Don Battaglia”. This time it is a BBQ restaurant. There a lot of people in there so we had to wait a few minutes, but they had also a tiny playground so the waiter let me and Shachar to go there meanwhile dad, mom and Nitzan were waiting. We played until a table was free, then mom called us to choose what we want to eat. Then we went back to play. When the food got to the table, mom called us again back to eat. Nitzan ordered a meat called 'Bife De Chorizo', it was very tasty. And dad ordered a meat called Chuletas of pork. All the food was very very tasty. Then my dad made me a paper airplane and then we went to play again for a while. Then we went back home and went to sleep.

Day 5: We went to a very famous neighborhood in Buenos Aires called La Boca (In English - the mouth). La Boca has also a very famous and good team of soccer in Argentina.
In La Boca there was also a very famous street, called El Caminito. In El Caminito there was tons of restaurants and in all of them there were stages and on them there were people of the restaurant dancing Tango. Tango is a very common dance in Argentina, although we saw it only in Buenos Aires. The building and houses in this street were very colorful. Then we went to a small square, there we ate sandwiches for lunch close to a playground - it wasn't very fun, it had only 2 slides and that's it, so I didn't play.

Then we went to a mall called Abasto, it doesn't have a meaning in English. There we bought pants and swimming suite for my sister, and had Ice Cream in a shop called Munchi's - MMMMM Yammy! The best flavor I liked was called Chocolate Jersey. It was made of chocolate of Havanna, like I told you before.


Day 6: We woke up and we did not see mom, so I asked dad: “where is she?” and dad told me she went to the Israeli embassy to do a new passport. So, while we waited for her, we did some home-schooling.

When mom came back we had lunch. Then we went to the pool in the building with dad. When we got to the pool, we met a girl with her mom and her sister-baby. The girl was called Uma and her sister baby was called Anita. Uma was my age and we became friends. After about two hours in the pool she invited us to see in her house a movie. The movie was called Mini Spies 3. Then we went back to our apartment, dressed up and went to a pizzeria. The pizza was very yammy. For desert we had Munchi's again. Then we were very tired, so we went back ho,me and went straight to sleep.

Day 7: We went to a Japanese Garden. As you know they are beautiful. It was very nice, specially the Cuy fish there. We saw even an otter in this garden. Then we went to a cemetery of the famous people of Buenos Aires. The most famous lady buried there is Eva Peron, she ruled all of Argentina. She was kind of bad, but the people there couldn't do anything. All the graves looked almost like tiny houses. Many of them had flowers. Then we ate lunch in a square, and in the middle of the square there was a huge huge huge tree!

From there, we took a bus to Abasto again, and went to
Cuy FishCuy FishCuy Fish

Japanese Garden, Buenos Aires
see a movie in the cinema! It was called 'Alvin And The Chipmunks 2'. It was a very funny movie. Then we went to a supermarket called Coto, went back to the apartment ate dinner and went to sleep.

Day 8: This morning we made again a bit of home schooling while my mom went to the embassy again to get her new passport. When she came back, we had lunch and then went again to the pool in the building for a few hours. Uma joined us again in the pool. When it became late, we went up to the apartment to have dinner. Then we called Uma, this time we called Uma to see with us a movie in our apartment and my mom and dad went alone to eat in a restaurant and we stayed alone in the apartment. We ate a lot of popcorn, watched a movie and played a little bit. Then Uma's mom came to pick her up and we stayed alone. We also had watermelon, but we did not have time to eat it with her, so we ate it after she left. When we almost fell asleep, mom and dad came back home and so we all went to sleep.

Day 9: This was our last day in Buenos Aires. In the morning we packed our bags, this time we ate for breakfast granola flakes. Then the girl that rented us the apartment came again to see if everything is ok and get the key. Then we paid her, and went again to the pool, to wait until the time of our bus to the next stop. Our next stop is Gualeguaychu, and my dad will tell you about it.

This time it was a very long blog compared to my others. I hope you would like the blog, I worked really hard on it.

Goodbye,

Omer

To see all our photos from Buenos Aires, click here: Buenos Aires Photos



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



16th February 2010

bravo!!!! aplausse for your writing
dear omer! it was really .interesting to read your entry blog!! but over that- i appriciate your very good english vocabulary and writing!!!!!tamshih caha!!!! kisses to you all. savta raya

Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 23; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb