Bike trip day 10: A sad day, the bike trip is over


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 28th 2009
Published: April 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

HOla,
So the plan today is to get to BUenos Aires. We have about 250km to go, and hope to be in BA by afternoon. We got on the road by about 11am, and off we went. It was still sad, at least for me, knowing this ride was over. I honestly now more than ever think riding a bike from back home, all the way down here would be an awesome experience, and a must do on my to-do list. So all interested parties contact me, and lets do it!! arggg, Come on Uncle John, saddle up, i know you have this trip in you.. haha.
Anyway, so we hit the road and off we went. With in about an hour we were back on Buenos aires artery roads, so basically back in traffic, and mayhem. C is not a fan of riding in the BA traffic. It is an interetsing experience, sometimes amusing, sometimes fun, sometimes my knuckles are white! As youll see C did not take many road pics today, once we were in the thick of it, she was holding on, and had no time for that picture nonsense. So after another few hours, we finally arrived back in BA. We are both excited about all the great things we still plan on doing, bolivia, machu pichu, etc... but still this part of the trip will be hard to top , at least for me. So after a few wrong turns, and a few close calls, we made it to our hotel for the night. We will be in BA for a few days while i try and sell this beast, and we get a few erons done before we head out.
In the end we rode about 3000km , which is about 2000 miles in 10days. The bike got about 45mpg, burned about a half a quart of oil a day, we killed about 5000 butterflies and other bugs, most on my pant legs, we saw the jungles of the amazon, and met and talked to more local people than the first 7 weeks of our trip put together. I think in almost every town we stayed in we were one of only a tiny few tourists staying there, so we were able to really see the real argentina i feel. Not all tourist shops, and people selling us stuff. This short trip wont be soon forgotten,and like i said, it only got my juices flowing to one day ride the whole trip, chicago to tierra del fuego ! Well on a better bike of course !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb