Parents came to visit


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 19th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's been a busy week, but I'm trying to get some stuff up. Saturday was spent going to the Recoleta cemetery's flea market. It was similar to my first day exploring, except with much more shopping. The flea-market is huge and is filled with everything from mate gourds to art to purses and various things. One of the interesting experiences with this is the people. The porteños enjoy this and come to hang out at it. Some of the most interesting were people playing around on bungee tightropes. They would do tricks on them which are pretty tough to explain, but the picture gives some idea of how good they are. After the market we tried to view the cemetery, but after walking inside were called back out by a large bell signaling closing time. We are planning on going back though and will put up pictures of that then. The next stop was the necessary floralis genérica or metal flower. It is close and easy to get to and quintessential BA. The day ended with many statues and a walk home, where we ate dinner. The cuartito has become a favorite including their empanadas and pizza.
The next day was a trip out to San Telmo through the center. Many of the pictures from the center are similar to what I have already put up, but San Telmo was a new experience. San Telmo was another market, but filled with much different architecture. My writing is going to be brief, mainly because I'm tired and want to get the pictures up and still have iguazu to do. Enjoy the pictures though.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb