Partying & Steaks!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 15th 2009
Published: March 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Buenos AiresBuenos AiresBuenos Aires

Tango in the street
Arrived in Buenos Aires at about 7am, however Boucs and I couldn´t find a steak restaurant which was open, so had to make do with breakfast at the Tango Inn Backpackers Hostel. We stayed in Palmero for the first few nights, then finished off at the Millhouse (party hostel) in town which was really cool.

The first day we walked around Cordoba Avenue which is full of little outlet shops which were probably more expensive than normal!
It was Monday so in the evening went to LA BOMBA DE TIEMPO as organised by the hostel. This was a live band playing drums in some kind of closed off area in the street. People were generally having fun, dancing, getting wasted as they seved litres of beer there, and there was also the smell of weed in the air!
Boucs and I got back to the hostel 45 minutes late for our date with 2 Swedish girls. We drank some red wine up on the rooftop terrace, which Boucs later spilt all over him, so had to go to his room to wash his T-shirt! I kept the girls occupied with my stories! After an hour and a half later, Boucs
Buenos Aires CemetryBuenos Aires CemetryBuenos Aires Cemetry

Evita´s grave
made it back full of beans, by which time the girls and I were falling alseep at the table while Boucs was doing all the talking, so we all went to bed - i´ll say the evening was a success!

While in Buenos Aires, I decided that after 3 months of travelling, it was about time I took a 4 day intense Spanish course, especially as our next country was Brazil!

We spent a few days exploring Buenos Aires. Saw tango shows in the street, visited the famous cemetary and saw Evita´s grave, made a trip to the colourful Boca district and visited the famous ´La Bombonera´football stadium, visited Buenos Aires zoo which was cool and of cours endoulged in sonme of the finest steak restaurants in town! The best one was La Cabrera in Palmero where we had to wait 2 hours for a table, by which time Boucs and I were starving and ordered a steak (big enough for 2 people) each. There was a couple sat next to us who were sharing one between them and they actually commended us on our efforts - they should see us on our good day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The cemetryThe cemetry
The cemetry

Evita´s grave
Buenos AiresBuenos Aires
Buenos Aires

The cemetry
Buenos AiresBuenos Aires
Buenos Aires

Bocca District
BoccaBocca
Bocca

Football stadium
BoccaBocca
Bocca

Football stadium
BoccaBocca
Bocca

Diego Marradonna
Buenos AiresBuenos Aires
Buenos Aires

The president´s house!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb