Copa Olímpicos


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 20th 2009
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Counterfeit Discovery 199 secs
The Copa Olimpicos is an international multi-sport event established for summer travel games. At its inception, the Organising Committee of the Copa Olimpicos (OCOCO) envisioned the bringing together of peoples in peace to respect universal travel principles, with the recent games held in Argentina featuring fierce travel competitors from Australia and New Zealand.

Designated categories and outcomes of these games were announced today. A summation from the award ceremony is listed as follows:

Category 1: Gastronomical Vamos
Gold medal presented to: Sheridan
Commentary: It is times like these when knowing virtually no Spanish is a blessing, having been caught out one afternoon on Amin Street, Mar Del Plata, and had to use the men´s toilet due to the women´s being occupied. Much to my embarrassment, when I left the then wretched cubicle ten minutes later I was to be met by a tut-tuting man who had heard the flatulent finale!!!

Category 2: Canine Feces Relay
Gold medal presented to: Gringo Greeno
Commentary: Among our first impressions of Mar Del Plata was the overwhelming amount of dog poo. Dog poo was everywhere, which may not be surprising given the number of stray dogs skulking the sidewalks, and is not aided by the locals apparent absence of any etiquette related to the matter.

Category 3: Numero Uno to get robbed
Gold medal presented to: Greens and Gunns
Commentary: Despite initial expectations that South America is a very dangerous place, and that the likelihood of being held up/mugged/kidnapped was relatively high, (see blog on ¨Crime Wave Hits Rio De Janiero), we felt quite safe in Argentina. In fact, it wasn´t until yesterday that we found out we had been robbed! (See the video attached)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb