Lynn Picks the Horses!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
February 9th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we went to the race track!

Bill had read that it was an beautiful old building...and fun way to spend an afternoon. Lynn was less enthusiastic....

We walked part way and then took a cab with a great driver who explained the sights along the way. We passed the private "Club des Amis" with its swimming pool and grounds, a few museums and many parks. Since it was Sunday, people were out everywhere, bike riding, walking; whole families sleeping in the shade of the giant rubber trees.

The track grandstands were beautiful....we sat outside on benches near the finish line. The crowd was a mix of older men who were obviously regulars, couples, and a few tourists. Lynn started betting at the second race, and lost. She then won back all her money with her bets on the third race, then lost on the fourth. We were down about $8.00... We left, walking by the stables and decided to go over and watch the horses for the main race of the day being paraded. The favorite looked good, so Lynn headed back to place a bet... this was her chance to recover her losses (and BillĀ“s). Would the favorite win? Would the odds be good? By race time, the odds were $5.75/1 peso....

The favorite came from the middle into the lead about half way through the race...and held it! Lynn had won! Her 10 pesos (about $3) became 57.75! (about $18) and she recovered the losses and paid for the taxi with money left over! Bill had to drag her away from the track...

We next walked part way back through the parks until we were tired and then took a cab to the hotel...




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



18th February 2009

Too funny...
So Lynn, closet gambler, had to be dragged from the racetrack... Now that I would have liked to see... ;-) Thanks for the laughs... Love, SC

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb