Day 5 - Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
January 15th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On a commencé notre journée en visitant le jardin japonais de Buenos Aires. (D'ou les personages japonais en carton!). Elena almost got attacked by a bird while she was trying to take a picture. I have no idea what kind of bird it was but at one point it started to make really weird sounds and moving its beak quickly. (still while moving towards Elena) I doubt she's going to take any more pictures of birds. Does anyone know what kind of bird it is? (see picture)

Apres les cours on a pris le mauvais chemin et on a visité la Plaza de Mayo une deuxième fois. On a ensuite fait un tour a la plaza San Martin. (Un parc avec une tour. voir photo)

The way to the Japanese Gardens would pretty much describe all of our expeditions. Since I am the guide and Stef totally trusts me, we tend to know where we are pretty well. But unfortunatelly we (or I should say I) tend to always show up on the wrong side of the entrance and search for it in the fasion of walking all the way around (and also note distances in Argentina are on double the Canadian scale). SO after probably 1.5 hrs of walking we finally got to the gardens. It is situated in Palermo, a very trendy area of restaurants and dining. Also it is enclosed by the Zoological and Botanical gardens. Very tranquil and a nice place to hide from the city heat.

At night we decided to party it up at Museum Club. Walking most of the way we realized that it was probably a bad idea (it was in San Telmo, so streets were oretty empty and dark in most places). We ended up cabbing the rest - making sure we cought the cab with 2 correct signs and not one like we were told by Davide. The club was very packed and played pretty fun music - howeer, my eyes were kinda burning from the amount of smoke inside. I was hoping only for 1 thing - find our friends from the school - which we did after pushing through multiple groups of people, We also got one free drink with our admition of 30pesos. After we found our friends we danced the night away trying to unglue all kinds of guys. 😊 Btw, Stef also wanted to mention that we almost got drunk from the 2 drinks we had...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb