Beunos Aires/Atlanta


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
March 16th 2008
Published: April 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

If you dont know....If you dont know....If you dont know....

then I suggest you get an atlas out and start looking at the flag section.
This is the last blog before I returned home to England for three weeks. This isn´t the most exciting of my blogs guys for obvious reasons. We spent four days in Beunos Aires in which we walked alot around the city.

We checked out Avenida 9 de Julio, which cuts through the city kind of like a large river. At its widest it spans about 15 lanes of traffic, a great place to play a game of bulldog. Chris and I also went to a footy match between River Plate and Racing at Rivers stadium. A very different affair to the Brasilian games, no alcohol and large barbed wire fences everywhere. In fact at a game the day before a fan was killed and the riot police had to fire water cannons to stop the fans tearing the fence apart and encroaching on the pitch! We ate plenty of steak (awesome and dirt cheap) and checked out a lot of street perfomers doing Tango dancing.

On the fourth day after saying goodbye to the boys I set off on a marathon journey home. Firstly I left Buenos Aires Monday night to get an overnight flight to Atlanta, arriving there
The crafts market of San TelmoThe crafts market of San TelmoThe crafts market of San Telmo

Fact: you will never see so many crustafarian soap dodgers any where else in Buenos Aires.
05.30am, my connection didn´t leave until 17.35pm....sweet. I did however meet a cool local on the plane who advised me on how to kill some time in Atlanta. How else but by seeing the worlds largest aquarium followed by the world of Coca-Cola (possibly even cheesier than a Bordeaux cheesemongery)

Needless to sya the hours didnt exactly fly by. Well thats it for this blog guys, sorry its brief but my heart wasnt really in it, hopefully will do BA justice when I return there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

San Telmo tango muralSan Telmo tango mural
San Telmo tango mural

It´s the old part of the city with colonial buildings and also the main tango neighbourhood.
Hang Time!Hang Time!
Hang Time!

The locals indulging in a spot of skateboarding
Photos of Loved OnesPhotos of Loved Ones
Photos of Loved Ones

Outside the Casa de Gobierno, the mothers march once a week in remembrance of their loved ones that went missing during the ´dirty war´
Feed the birds, un peso a bagFeed the birds, un peso a bag
Feed the birds, un peso a bag

children feeding sky rats in Plaza De Mayo.
Casa de Gobierno aka Casa Rosada (because its pink)Casa de Gobierno aka Casa Rosada (because its pink)
Casa de Gobierno aka Casa Rosada (because its pink)

Its the presidents gaff and also the building where Eva Peron (the bird from Evita to uncultured swines) waved tro the masses.
Night falls...Night falls...
Night falls...

on the streets of Buenos Aires
A Japanese Spider CrabA Japanese Spider Crab
A Japanese Spider Crab

Apparantly these can grow as large as a car. Bet you wouldn´t fancy one of these hitting you at 30mph!
Hey man it´s a Caiman....Hey man it´s a Caiman....
Hey man it´s a Caiman....

crap gag, scary looking alligator relation....enough said.
A Beluga Whale.....A Beluga Whale.....
A Beluga Whale.....

presumably related to the moomins.
A Whale Shark....A Whale Shark....
A Whale Shark....

Bet he´s loving the freedom of this tank.
A monkey.....A monkey.....
A monkey.....

Obviously you guys have played íts a monkey´before...clearly its not, its a jellyfish.
Finding ugly motherf*****....Finding ugly motherf*****....
Finding ugly motherf*****....

bet he wishes he was brightly coloured! Doubt they´ll make a film about him!
What use is this in an Aquarium!What use is this in an Aquarium!
What use is this in an Aquarium!

Just kidding, always wnated to see one of these signs and I did on the streets of Atlanta....yes I am a bit sad.


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb