Carcassonne April 28th 2012 Carcassonne is a beautiful spot. I was lucky enough to have some tumultuous weather while there, which made the spectacular even more spectacular. The enveloping lightning flashes and contrasting colours making the Cité de Carcassonne an even more breathtaking sight to behold than what I imagine it normally would be.
The modern day Cité de Carcassonne is the accumulation of 2500 years history ... read more
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Carcassonne Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info