lille April 16th 2012 I was supposed to spend the weekend in Lille, but due to after work drinks on Friday night, I ended up going just for Sunday. Everyone had told me to expect rain as that seems to be the main thing associated with Lille in the minds of many, so when I arrived for a picture perfect day, I decided to make the most of it.
I went for a 2 hour run through the historical centre and around its very nic ... read more
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais » Lille Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info