Saint Malo August 12th 2011 So a week after moving into my second apartment in Paris, a bigger and much prettier version than the first, I found myself on the road to Saint Malo. My friend had hooked us up with a nice apartment for the weekend and although money was tight it was an offer that I couldn't refuse.
It was a good thing I didn't refuse it as Saint Malo is sweeeeeeet. I spent three days there hopping abo ... read more
Europe » France » Brittany » Saint-Malo Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info