Rennes August 14th 2011 So the magic continued the next day, with my first drive in France taking us to Merlot's hangout, the character from the fable of the legendary King Arthur. As I think I watched King Arthur approximately 1 billion times when I was a child I was rather over excited about the prospect of visiting the sites where some of the story was said to have taken place.
For that reason I was probably a ... read more
Europe » France » Brittany » Rennes Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info