Montpellier October 15th 2011 I ended up in Montpellier for RWC semifinal week. Watching and following the RWC in France was the next best thing to being at home as things turned out. I used the opportunity to amongst other things learn some French and win some bets.
I took the TGV down to Montpellier after work and once there was led to our place of abode for the weekend. Situated in the city centre in an apartment block p ... read more
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Montpellier Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info