Geneva October 30th 2011 So while staying in Annecy, we went to Geneva for a day trip. We took covoiturage which is the French version of the mitfahrgelegenheit system I used in Germany. Carpooling is a great way to travel, because aside from saving money and protecting the environment, you often get to meet interesting characters, which is a big part of what travelling is about in my opinion.
Once arrived in Geneva we ... read more
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva The Swiss Confederation was founded in 1291 as a defensive alliance among three cantons. In succeeding years, other localities joined the original three. The Swiss Confederation secured its independence from the Holy Roman Empire in 1499. Switzerland... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info