brussels November 11th 2011 Brussles was all good. Having heard many mixed reports about it, I hadn't set the expectation bar that high and the bar was very easily and very quickly surpassed. The beer alone, was enough to etch a firm place in the memory bank. I had held the opinion that German beer was the best in the world. Three days in Belgium and 30 beers later was enough to change that.
While in Brussels, apart f ... read more
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels Belgium became independent from the Netherlands in 1830 and was occupied by Germany during World Wars I and II. It has prospered in the past half century as a modern, technologically advanced European state and member of NATO and the EU. Tensions bet... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info