Brugge November 12th 2011 So on a Friday night after work, we set off for Brugge. It took us longer to get out of Paris then it did to drive to Brugge which actually isn't that far away. But due to the traffic we arrived at our hostel around midnight. We got straight into sampling Belgian beer and kicked off the weekend on a good note.
The next morning we hired a couple of bikes and rode to Holland. A nice ride alon ... read more
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Brugge Belgium became independent from the Netherlands in 1830 and was occupied by Germany during World Wars I and II. It has prospered in the past half century as a modern, technologically advanced European state and member of NATO and the EU. Tensions bet... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info