Marseille September 2nd 2011 The next weekend trip saw me in Marseille, by way of TGV (France's high speed train). The train trip was enjoyable on many levels, not the least of which was the consumption of two of France's greatest products, cheese and wine...
On arrival in Marseille we found ourselves on an impromptu night walking tour, which saw us spend the next five hours walking around the city and its most fam ... read more
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Marseille Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info