Amiens September 10th 2011 So on the way to my second marathon with my work colleague at the time Kate, we stopped off at Amiens. Amiens was a nice place where i caught the RWC pool match between Argentina and England, ate a huge pot of mussels with fries, visited a very nice cathedral and walked around a medieval market.
The medieval market was brilliant, with all sorts of weird and wacky things been sold and a high buy ... read more
Europe » France » Picardy » Amiens Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info