A wedding in Normandy July 22nd 2011 Two and a bit weeks after having arrived in Paris, I was back in Normandy for the second time. This time, with Stephanie, at her work colleague's wedding. We drove down with another of her colleagues to the household of the groom's parents, where I met for the first time the majority of the wedding party.
We then went to Villers sur Mer where I had my first swim in France. I think from ... read more
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Villers-sur-Mer Although ultimately a victor in World Wars I and II, France suffered extensive losses in its empire, wealth, manpower, and rank as a dominant nation-state. Nevertheless, France today is one of the most modern countries in the world and is a leader am... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info