Temples with a twist April 7th 2011 Hindu tantra is a highly unorthodox form of yoga. Rather than deny themselves the fruits of worldly pleasures, the practitioners of it strive to gain the fullest possible pleasure from them. In other words. through sexual intercourse and other worldly pleasures tantrikas sought and seek to carry their consciousness to the peak of enlightenment.
The tantric movement peaked around the 10th cent ... read more
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Khajuraho The Indus Valley civilization, one of the oldest in the world, dates back at least 5,000 years. Aryan tribes from the northwest invaded about 1500 B.C.; their merger with the earlier Dravidian inhabitants created the classical Indian culture. Arab in... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info