Taj Mahal and a rickshaw drive March 31st 2011 I ended up getting to Agra, where the Taj Mahal is found on Thursday, as luckily at the last minute when I was at the train station in New Delhi they informed me that it was not open on Friday, when I had originally planned to go.
On arriving there I was surrounded by touts, annoyed, harassed, surrounded, pestered, haggled, cramped up and made to feel the most claustraphobic I believe I have ev ... read more
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra The Indus Valley civilization, one of the oldest in the world, dates back at least 5,000 years. Aryan tribes from the northwest invaded about 1500 B.C.; their merger with the earlier Dravidian inhabitants created the classical Indian culture. Arab in... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info