Kosice - Random February 12th 2011 Being by myself, travelling through eastern europe in the middle of winter, I had worried about how easy it would be to meet people. So I thought of using couchsurfing as a way to meet locals. Kosice was my first attempt. Couchsurfing is an organisation that explains itself as being a worldwide network for making connections between travelers and the local communities they visit.
So you send o ... read more
Europe » Slovakia » Kosice Region » Kosice In 1918 the Slovaks joined the closely related Czechs to form Czechoslovakia. Following the chaos of World War II, Czechoslovakia became a Communist nation within Soviet-ruled Eastern Europe. Soviet influence collapsed in 1989 and Czechoslovakia once... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info