That was interesting January 17th 2011 Kutna Hora was one of the more suprising day trips I have done in recent times. Namely because of the roughly 40 thousand skeletons on display. I hadn't seen anything like it before and it saw me enter a stupor - I found it fascinating. My travel companion, long since bored eventually snapped me out of my trance and dragged me out of the ossuary.
After that walking around Kutna Hora was a treat ... read more
Europe » Czech Republic » Central Bohemian Region » Kutná Hora Following the First World War, the closely related Czechs and Slovaks of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire merged to form Czechoslovakia. During the interwar years, the new country's leaders were frequently preoccupied with meeting the demands of ot... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info