Punta del este - Año Nuevo January 1st 2010 Talk about glamour and glitz. Punta del Este offers both in abundance. Never in my life have I seen such brazen displays of wealth and power. Punta del Este is a series of beaches of which we have been staying near one called Bikini beach.
On our first day we basically spent our time recovering from our nocturnal activities in Buenos Aires. The following day, after some much needed sleep I went ... read more
South America » Uruguay » East » Punta del Este A violent Marxist urban guerrilla movement, the Tupamaros, launched in the late 1960s, led Uruguay's president to agree to military control of his administration in 1973. By yearend, the rebels had been crushed, but the military continued to expand i... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info