He used me as a toy Bedouin doll June 13th 2008 My entire trip to Palmyra cost me 26 USD.
- 2.5 hr bus, Homs to Palmyra, 150 SP
- taxi from Palmyra bus station to hostel, 50 SP
- one night in Citadel Hotel, double bed private ensuite, 400 SP
- breakfast, 100 SP
- entry to Palmyra ruins, free
- entry to Temple of Bel, 150 SP
- laundry, 175 SP
- taxi from hotel to bus station, 75 SP
- 3 hr bus, Palmyra to Damascus, 200 SP
Total = 1,300 SP = 26 US ... read more
Middle East » Syria » East » Palmyra Following the breakup of the Ottoman Empire during World War I, Syria was administered by the French until independence in 1946. In the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, Syria lost the Golan Heights to Israel. Syrian troops - stationed in Lebanon since 1976 in ... ... read more
After two years of the expat finance bubble in Hong Kong, I am ready to explore the world outside of Bloomberg and AmEx cards and mix things up a bit.
I hope to meet some extraordinary people, have some ridiculous adventures, learn some new languages, and basically to be pretty confused every other day.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- Mark Twain
... full info