mission beach/magnetic island/ airlie beach


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
October 8th 2009
Published: October 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

mission beach got a bit boring after a while, there was nothing much to do except sunbath which no one was keen on after the reef burn, and we had no signal on our phones and ended up spending a small fortune using the internet. i did acquire a free book to keep me occupied though, and we did make a half arsed attempt at doing some exercise on the beach in the mornings but it was like 25 degrees at 8am so it didn't go down too well... we were glad to get out of there and head to magnetic island. we stayed at base which was a stupidly strict place. they dont allow alcohol on the premises because they want you to spend all your money at their bar so we had to hide our goon in our bags and then lock it in our lockers in the rooms out of sight. we had to pay $15 for our full moon party ticket. and the party wasn't even on the beach, and they said we couldnt use flash photography! they did goon checks round the rooms aswell and confiscated anything they found. we were all drinking in one of our rooms and they knocked on the door and unlocked it and tried to open it without a pause so everyone dived their cups/bottles/bags out of sight whilst Ny pretended they'd knocked into her in their attempt to open the door and was in pain which bought us a few seconds and so the goon was successfully hidden and we got away with it. and then the guys said we could use our cameras so that was ok. the music was rubbish though and drinks were ridiculously overpriced. everyone had a good night though which is good. we chilled out the next day and then the day after that we hired these topless jeep things to drive around the island going to all the beaches and bays which was really fun and then we went to a really good pizza place that night. the next day me and leanna went to get a much needed massage which was lovely! we stayed in another cheaper hostel for our last night but the dorm was a bit smelly and the bunks were so low you couldnt sit up on the bottom one. then we got on the oz experience bus to airlie beach which is where we are now. some people are looking for casual work and some of us are going to wait til we get to brisbane. we've got a few days to chill out before our whitsundays trip on the 13th and then we'll be heading to fraser island.

xXx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb