A Fun Day At Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
May 11th 2012
Published: June 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 23.8055, -143.789

Again, we lost an hour of sleep so we woke up around 8:30. We took our time getting ready and then Nikki and I went downstairs to Tritons for brunch. Service was very leisurely so we finished around 11:30. We went to Shutters to look at photos and then just spent some time relaxing.

We met Regan for TV Show Trivia and then TV Theme Song Trivia (we didn't do great at either, not bad, just not great).

At noon the captain had announced that it was 62 degrees but that the winds were a little calmer. We also were having quite a bit of movement on the ship and we found out why…the swells in the ocean were between 12 and 18 feet.

After Trivia, we noticed that there was some sun and that the waves in the Quite Cove Pool looked fun. Nikki grabbed some snacks and Regan and I got in our suits and headed up to the pool. It was great fun as the waves in the pool probably fluctuated by about 4’. They would drop down to about 2’ deep as the water sloshed to one end and then, as it all came rushing back it raised about 2’ above the four foot level it should be. Even though the water was warm, it got to be cold so we got in the hot tub for a little while. Afterwards, Regan wasn’t feeling well so she went to get some medicine and Nikki and I sat out by the pool in the sun. It wasn’t too bad temperature wise.

Tonight was Pirates Night. We headed down to Tritons to eat and then afterwards we had a family photo taken.

The show was a Crew Talent Show. Members from the Guest Services Team, Retail Shops, Children’s Programming and Dining Room Staff all performed. It was a nice show.

Then up to deck 9 for the Pirates in the Caribbean Party and Fireworks….good as always.

Dinner:
Ric: Pot stickers, salad with jerk chicken, Dijon crusted sirloin, ice cream sundae
Nikki: Pineapple with caramel sauce, salad, pasta with shrimp and scallops and banana chocolate crepes
Regan: Pineapple with caramel sauce, salad with jerk chicken, ribs and meringue
Kelsie: Pot stickers, salad with jerk chicken, island spiced chicken and meringue


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb