Easter Island


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
August 12th 2014
Published: August 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Easter IslandEaster IslandEaster Island

This is a close as we got the the Moai, they all face inwards, supposedly towards their villages.
Easter Island: This morning at 7:45 a.m. we were scheduled to muster in one of the theatres for our excursion to view the Moai of Easter Island. Unfortunately due to weather conditions and the size of the swell the Captain deemed it to unsafe to moor the ship, lower the tenders, and allow passengers to disembark off the ship on to the tenders. This meant that we could not go ashore and had to view the Moai from the ship as we sailed past the island. It would not have been so bad if we had actually got close enough to the island, but we might as well have not bothered at all as we were so far away.

One passenger was overheard to say that this was his third attempt to view the Moai close up and for the third time he missed out, he was beginning to think he was the Princess Cruise’s jinx.



So now we have about another six days at sea before another sail past of Pitcairn Island, then on to Tahiti. Very boring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Easter IslandEaster Island
Easter Island

Another photo of the Moai note the one on the extreme left on his own.
Easter IslandEaster Island
Easter Island

Typical island landscape.
Easter IslandEaster Island
Easter Island

Entrance where the ship tenders would have had to negotiate the breakers.


Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb