June 7th Boatlog: Swiss Update


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
June 7th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Volpaia Time: 16:00
Zulu Time: 22:00
15 50.91 N
120 58.52 W

Speed: 6.9 knots
Wind: 13 knots 027 T
Course: 212 T
Seas: 3-4 ft
Crew: Shay, Colby and Liz sleeping, Brett writing, Cyrus reading, Jimmy on the weel and I'm wrting the log!

Comments:
GOOOOOD MOORNING PACIFIC!
So here we go, first log in English and I will frenchizing it as much as I can because as you may know we are going to Polynesie Francaise!!!

The first good news (and the more thirlling one) is that yesterday at sunset we catch a yellowfin tuna. Immediately cut by Brett we had a fresh Ceviche out of it, but without spices. In fact, there is a food battle going on between Europe and the US on the boat.
First, American people (or at least the men on board) eat way more spices than I do, secondly they can hear hours, sorry, days ofGgrateful Dead futurist music without stoping it, thirdly every single meal has to be cooked with onions and garlic which my little protected European stomach can not handle so well. I'm wondering what European people living in the US, allergic to onions can eat?! Don't worry it's a very friendly battle and even with our food cultural backgroung we could seat on the same table and have a nice sunset dinner pretty much all the time! And I have to say that the US citizen on this boat are wicked cool!!!

Anyways, coming back on the boat, I think that the Pacific Ocean is blue with no other boat in the entire water. It is amzing how alone and little we could feel. We had cross two boat since we left Cabo and they were far far away. So it's just us and dolphins that says hello to us sometimes, one turttle (no Brooke, it was not a Leatherback turtle...), flying fishes that end on the deck during the night and some crazy birds that we don't exactly understand from where to where they flight.
So we have to be happy that we are six of us on that boat or otherwise I think I would already have jumped into the water.

The boat is doing good, but there is a bad storm that is planned in a few days, so Cyrus is getting a bit anxious about it. This night sailing was hard because of the back wind, the boom kept to "bang" and it was not very comfy to sleep or to steer. Cyrus didn't sleep because of it and tried to adjust the sail all the night. But nothing was going better. In the early morning he decides to wake up the engine and our good friend Jimmy (the autopilote) which have been driving since then.

So that is pretty much it for today and I hope the land is going good and that news (that we don't have) are all more or less good.
C'est tout pour aujourd'hui et a la prochaine!

Alix

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb