Big change in plans due to delay


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » Coral Sea
October 2nd 2013
Published: October 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Due to the delay, we have had a big change of itinerary. We are in Los Angeles a day late, and then we will miss our berth date in Hilo, Hawaii, and will have to skip that stop. We are stopping instead in Lahaina, Maui, and then only have one day in Honolulu, Oahu. I hope we will still get to see the Arizona Memorial and the Mightly Missouri on our scheduled tour, but we won't know until later this week.

Otherwise, the sailing now is much calmer and it is sunny outside. We hope we've left the bad weather behind. Still having 8-10' swells so caution is still needed in walking around the ship (like a drunken sailor if you know what I mean).

Did have a great experience at lunch. We were next to windows and saw a small school of porpoises swimming along side in the ship's wake and jumping out of the water! Great fun.

Passed the area where my brother Fred and his wife Laura live about breakfast time this morning, but we are 40 miles off the coast, so didn't have a chance to way as we sailed by. More later.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.7s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:saturn w:www (104.131.125.221); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.3mb