Day 5 Pacific Princess Mediterranean Showers


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Mediterranean » Ionian Sea
November 6th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our group in on its way to Alexandria, Egypt. The Pacific Princess set sail from Naples under cloudy skies and headed south and east so we can reach Egypt in two days. The weather is about 70 degrees, but we had showers all day long.

Folks got into the rhythm of a day at sea. Everyone had the opportunity of taking advantage of this very nice floating resort.

Linda gathered most of the group in Sabatini’s restaurant at 10:00 AM for a class on various aspects of the bible and our next stops in Egypt and Israel. Dr Ray Vath explained how the early Egyptians used advanced geometry and other techniques to create the amazing great pyramids.

The food and the service on the Pacific Princess have been excellent. And several of the ladies took advantage of a Pilates class, while some of the guys either did laps or worked out in the gym—but everybody was seen eating a great Asian themed buffet at lunch. A guest lecturer talked about “globalization” and how Italy, Egypt, Israel, Turkey and Greece might fit into the new world of global interdependent commerce.

Tonight is one of the two formal nights on our cruise so everyone will be dressed up for a fun evening meal. One more day at sea tomorrow and then we reach Egypt.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb