How Can a Traveler afford to Travel


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hello All

I would like to give you tips on how you can travel around the world including all continents for little with less money and/or even for free? Okay well a lot of times I've been getting lot of comments from people especially those who I know has kept saying to me,"Who is paying for that? Do you go to school or work? Are you a student or are you working?,etc."



To the best of my knowledge, I don't go to work adn that. I travel for free and that. How? That's the biggest doubtful question I suddenly had on my mind last night. Because I"m so lucky to travel for free. Well. Here what you can do to travel like me. First, have a place in mind. Travel cannot be in place without knowing where you want to go. After you have decided where you want to go, consider the budget of the place and how are you going to get there. Considering doing all the free things and reduce costs on HOtel. The biggest expenses you want to focus on in travel are: Airline ticket that makes up the majority of the cost of your travel expenses(65%) versus hotel (20%),etc. However, the majority of your time should be focusing more on the fun things. When you focus too much on the cost of travel(such as ."Oh I cannot afford that, etc."), then you are not enjoying traveling so much. The biggest take home message I want to give you is when you plan your trips, etc. focus on the fun aspects more than the negative side(such as airfare costs,etc.). I'm not saying not to focus on it at all because you need to pay some for hotel tickets,etc. but the process of traveling will not be as pleasant and fun if you keep fussing about it. Second, try to look on the bright side of travel. Okay I know this how much airfare ticket costs(like $1,500 to go to India and Italy roundtrip) but consider getting frequent flyer miles. If you don't obtain a credit card yet, then you are in luck. Just make sure you pay back when you are using your airline card to buy tickets. Look at attractions of destinations of interest while problem solve traveling, etc. That's just going to make the process more affordable and easier.

Third be flexible in travel. If you don't get the price of the ticket, then find another way how to get a cheaper one. Consider getting a one way ticket versus roundtrip. I bought my ticket to London, United Kingdom just now and it's one way. If you are traveling internationally, consider one way. That's because it's cheaper, gives you more time and flexiblity on yourself on how many days you want to spend in that particular place. And when you return, don't go back to the same place you've arrived from. Get to the new place from the place you traveled to home but in a different location. That's how it's good for your band for your buck.

And be flexible on the avaliability of buying your tickets. OH and consider going to Public Transportation when traveling. Saves you a lot of money. Like I'm not going to do hotel too much versus going on Europe-Asia Railways!





Fourth, go during off-season. If you cannot take time off from work, consider quit your job and find a job that allows you to travel. It sounds very absurding and weird since the job market may have tormented the travel job market. But consider doing Travel Nursing and Travel Jobslike that so that you don't get burnout and be vacation deprived. Vacation deprived is the most common US Illness in the world. Going during off-season while you are traveling saves you lot of money, etc. That's when people are going to school and work and teach. Plus you have to take time off from work or else you are more likely to get premature death if you don't take time off. Vacation Deprivation reduces life expectancy in the USA. Please take advatage of PTO,etc. Consider being a Triple AAA Member.

I spend a lot of time doing travel research, etc and that's never a waste of time. You have to understand that travel is a learning, and somewhat travel critical thinking process. It does take time to travel. But putting more efforts into it can make travel dream a reality Travel is the best professor, best instructor, you have known in your life. Nothing is better than that. You have to determine what your priorities are and make travel a priority. If your priority is something else, then make travel your priority. Consider getting travel books, etc and read about it in your own time. Plus I know how to travel like the savvy traveler and the President. I travel like the President who's always on aircraft carrier. etc. Use your time off to a nice exotic place. You will not regret and consider talking to a travel agent for help on taking vacations.





If you are an employee, during your lunch time, look at deals and book the travel deals. It takes 5 seconds to book trips. After you leave from work, sit down and relax and get a travel guide and look at vacation places and travel. Is that simple? Vacation and travel at the same time are both extremely important. And if you quit your job because they don't give you enough time off, that's perfectly fine. It's not the end of the world. You know my dad was concerned about me working too much just like everyone else. So that's why I work in different states in the country and the world temporary basis. Like going to Hawaii for a few months for work, then relocate in North Dakota, Saskathcewan, etc. Consider reducing your working hours and to not working too much.



I think the hardest for everyone about traveling is having fun. Well you have to understand that having fun in travel is the key rather than the finance of travel,etc. Actually, airline tickets, hotel tickets, are extremely a small problem. So focus more on the fun things while you are browsing tickets, etc. Doing that will make the travel process much more pleasant.



Also, learn to prioritize. If you have always wanted to travel, now's the time to plan and pack your suitcase. Again, there's never a perfect time to travel. Going to Bermuda,Alaska, Mediterrean Cruises offer the best rates. If you are a Costco Membership Member, go check out the deals they have. Plus live back with your parents as well as stay healthy on the road. Keep saving your money on your exotic trips is the best way to ensure you travel. I have traveled successfully. I have booked my airfare ticket to Europe because I saved my money to go to Europe!

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Truong

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb