The Arabian Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Indian
April 9th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Monday 9th April 2012:

Apologies if the blog is getting boring for a while but it’s been another day of totally self-indulgent laziness. We’ve gone to no lectures, no quizzes, no anythings really. We spent the morning eating and working on our scrapbook and this afternoon eating and working on our tan. The pool is a wonderful temperature and the only thing that spoiled the afternoon was being woken up by the sound of loud snoring. OK it was my own snoring but even so!

We’re now in the Arabian Sea and have sailed nearly 1,000 miles away from India with over 600 to go until Dubai. And not a single pirate to enliven the day! I feel really sorry for the lookouts. They have extra crew stationed around the ship now and they stand there for hours on end watching the sea through their binoculars. I bet they almost hope a pirate would hove into view! But although their job is very boring, I do really hope it stays that way.

The most exciting thing that happened today is the ship’s laundry has lost some of my clothes! Fortunately it’s only a pair of shorts and they are about 20 years old so they don’t exactly owe me anything but I would still like them back.

We’re off to another bit of poncey nonsense tonight. This time it’s cocktails with the senior officers. A lot of dressing up for a glass or two of free champagne. Who says we can be bought?!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.6kb