At Sea - En Route from Kochi (Formerly Cochin) to Marmagoa, Goa, India


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

CRUISING THE INDIAN OCEAN EN ROUTE FROM KOCHI TO GOA. Saturday 17 March, 2012.

Another day at sea and more of the same. M went to craft class in the morning but didn't make the Sun Catcher on offer. Instead she used the time to finish her painting on silk cards and to get her memory book up to date. D went to the Syria and the Arab Winter lecture which he found disappointing, although he enjoyed the 'Can you live without a Container?' lecture later in the morning.

After lunch there were exhibitions of the watercolour paintings and all of the items that had been made in the craft sessions. As M had been to both classes and had watercolour 'masterpieces' on show as well as her newly completed silk paintings, memory book and jewellery items, we went along and mingled and took some photographs.

After the art and craft exhibitions there was a performance by the choir. Our two tablemates Annette and Darryl from Oz were in the choir so we went along and listened to show support. It was quite good but the song choice was not great. It would have been better with more well-known songs.

In the evening we attended the Captain's Fairwell Dinner. This was the second 'formal' evening of the cruise so we put on our finery. M wore the Longyi that she purchased in Bagan. Lobster was on the menu and of course the traditional Baked Alaska parade.

After dinner there was no show but the Hideaway Bar was celebrating St Patrick's Day from 10.30 pm onwards. We managed to get a seat in the packed bar. It was great fun and we sang numbers like Lord of the Dance, Puff the Magic Dragon, When Irish Eyes are Smiling, If You're Irish come into the Parlour, Danny Boy and Molly Malone. This was the closest to camaraderie we had experienced with our fellow passengers (tablemates excluded) on this cruise. We enjoyed a glass or two of the black stuff as well. M had hers mixed with cider. Pint of 'Fester' M called it - a favourite of hers from years ago when she used to play Bridge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Snow Scene PaintingsSnow Scene Paintings
Snow Scene Paintings

Art Exhibition


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb