Day 11 - Carnival Miracle Cruise (Day # 3)


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
June 25th 2012
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Weather - a shower in the morning but gradually disappeared to overcast day with occassional sunshine and around 30 degrees.

We started the day by going to Trivia where we met a nice couple from Maine who talked about how much snow they get and how it effects the school times.

We had lunch on Lido Deck and met a couple from Long Island who were originally from Guyana who were Cricket fans. Clive Lloyd the famous cricket hero comes from Guyana which is part of the West Indies even though it is actually on South American mainland.

Next we went check out Luke’s basketball comp. They were playing 3 on 3 and he was sweating big time wearing his new John Wall shirt (Washington # 2). Elise was also there chatting with her friends.

Later we went to another Trivia which was Motown. When we got to the lounge our kids were there and it seemed they had double booked this lounge for Kids Karaoke as well as Trivia. They decided to run the Trivia and then the Kids Karaoke, and the kids also did the trivia. They played a bit of a song and we had to guess the name. I think of the 20 songs we knew about 8 only. Not so good.

We stayed and listened to a couple of the kids doing Karaoke and then decided to get some afternoon tea. We were looking for some fruit but could only find the Pizza and Ice Cream places open. Eventually we went to Cafe where Kerry bought a cookie and a Chocolate covered Super Sized Strawberry (the Cafe is not included in the prices).

Went into the nearby Maguires Bar and the EURO 2012 Soccer Championships Quarter Final was on between Italy and France. Just started 2nd half so stayed and watched the game live on ESPN. This bar had about 20 TV’s all with the same screen and it was obvious who the New Yorkers were going for (Italia !).

Luke came and joined me for the final moments of the game and told he won a trophy in Basketball comp. Italy would eventually win on penalties and the room erupted.

We had Dinner at 6.30 and then we went to the Magic Show by Bob Brizendine which was OK and later we went to the Mad Hatters Ball on Deck 1 to see the comedian Steve Caouette.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb