Beginning to Look Like Christmas on the Dream . . .


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
December 21st 2010
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The holidays have arrived in full force onboard the Dream! Kristina and I have been working on making decorations for our club which we’ve finally hung up. It’s not quite as elaborate as the décor job I did last year on the Spirit, but it still looks pretty great!

It also means that it’s time again for the Holiday Show, an extra show that the entertainment team is all involved in. Our teens are taught a little hip hop number by the ship’s onboard breakdancers and perform it as part of the show. So we take the whole club out to watch the show and some get up to actually perform. I really enjoy the holiday show, mostly to watch the youngest kids from camp carnival get up there. They are so cute! There is something about little kids singing that always makes me tear up. Love it.

When I was home a couple weeks ago for my grandpa’s funeral, I ended up being home for some holiday things with my family and friends which was a nice bonus. People always ask about how hard it must be to be on the ship for the holidays. It is, but it isn’t. It doesn’t really feel like Christmas, because you’re not doing what you’d normally be doing back home. You’re just aware that you’re missing out on doing things with your family and friends. But the good part is that everyone on the ship is in good spirits and there are lots of fun things happening. We’ve got a lot of fun things planned for the next couple cruises! Stay tuned . . .



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 32; qc: 146; dbt: 0.2118s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb