Cruise! Oct 2-9, 2011 - Carnival Legend


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean » Gulf of Mexico
October 9th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

October 2-9 marked a cruise I had really looked forward to. I finally got to return to my favorite ship (Carnival Legend) and my favorite itinerary. Jason and I had another couple join us for all the fun. Ryan and Dana came along for their first cruise ever – and it was Dana’s first flight ever to get to the port in Tampa.

I have some other blog entries for each of the ports:
Oct 4 – Cozumel (Bar Hop)
Oct 5 – Belize
Oct 6 – Roatan (Beach!)
Oct 7 – Grand Cayman (Sting Ray Sandbar)

The ship had actually changed a little in the 2 ½ years since we’d been on it. The firebird lounge had a new backdrop making it a comedy club (Punchliners) and the Serenity area had some great lounge areas and hammocks.

I spent more time in the casino on this cruise than I think I ever had before. I did well at the Poker Pro tables and also got a handle on craps and came out positive too. Jason made it to the finals in two different blackjack tournaments.

During the day, you could usually find us by the pool. The weather was beautiful, and there was a fun group that hung out in that area. The ship also organized contests and so Ryan entered the hairy chest contest – with his shaved chest! I have video of this. There’s usually a belly flop contest, but I don’t think this cruise had one. The guys did partake in ping pong tournaments, but didn’t emerge with the “piece of ship on a stick” trophy. (I didn’t hear them call it that this trip.. I think they had too many complaints in the past!)

We also ate in the dining room more than ever on this trip. The food was good and having “my time” dining and not eating with other passengers made it more enjoyable. In the past, we’d had assigned dining with other guests and weren’t too fond of that experience.

We saw a few of the shows. I think my favorite was when me and Dana did a girls night and saw a juggling show. It was really good! That particular night there was a big party on the lido deck under the stars.

Fun cruise facts:
Nightly turndown service means a different towel animal!
Carnival Classic Drinks mean a $5 matchplay coupon in the casino if you take your reciept to the cashier (Qualifying drinks are: Mojitos, Margaritas, Mai Tai, Sex on the Beach, Long Island, and I think the 6th drink is a Cruiser?)


All in all, it was a great cruise. One of my favorites yet!


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb