Cruising the Atlantic Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
March 6th 2016
Published: March 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 6th March, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



We woke up this morning to find a soggy invitation under our door. The invitation was to a Columbus Club cocktail party. The reason it was soggy is that our cabin (and a good few others) had been flooded during the night when they emptied the swimming pool. The pool is on deck 8 but there was a leak in the pipes on our level - deck 4. The water had luckily not entered our wardrobe but had crept about half way down the cabin and the carpet was soaked. The housekeeping staff were frantically using sucking machines to suck up as much water as possible. We had got off lightly - the whole ceiling of the inside cabin opposite us had come down (luckily it was not occupied). A few of the guest lecturers on the port side had to be moved as everything was wet (including their equipment). Once they had finished sucking they brought in a very loud dehumidifier. M has developed a really bad cold and cough. After lunch she was feeling so poorly that she needed to rest but the racket in the cabin was awful. The lovely Olga called to ask if we were OK after the inundation and M explained the problem. M was promptly given an inside cabin on deck 7 so she could have a rest. After dinner we went back to the cabin as M was feeling too ill to go to any of the entertainment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb