At Sea, Cruising the Atlantic Ocean


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
February 13th 2016
Published: February 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 13th February, 2016. At Sea, Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



After a posh breakfast in the restaurant, M went to do some painting on silk with Barbara. She finished this very quickly so stayed on and made a card too. We had lunch in the restaurant and were joined by some very interesting fellow passengers who we hadn't laid eyes on before. One was a former lib dem electoral candidate called John and his wife and a guy (didn't catch his name) wearing a Ché Guevara T-'Shirt. This was the most lefty table we had sat with yet. Mr CG T-Shirt was very upset about some of the things Clive had 'lied' about in his lecture yesterday but wouldn't elaborate further (shame - would have been interesting!). John and his wife have a place in Greece and we had a very interesting conversation about some of John's travel books - one of which D owns. As a result of this interesting lunch we missed the second part of the Hunt's lecture on the Bejing to London leg of their Millennium Motor Rally (pity).



We went to the Men V Women Trivial Pursuit Challenge in the afternoon. We didn't intend to take part just watch but D couldn't help himself. When the men had filled their "round" the ladies could not only choose the category but the question that they needed to answer. The question they picked was an entertainment question : "Who did Johnny Depp claim was the greatest ever Actor?" The men huddled together mumbling when D strode over and declared "Paul Whitehouse!". They didn't seem convinced but in the absence of any other offering gave this as their answer. The women groaned loudly as it was correct! Now all the men call D "Paul Whitehouse".



After dinner we went to the show which was "Rock N Roll Dreams". This was the teams best yet, with all the singers and dancers performing brilliantly. The cabaret was Ross singing (very well) soppy songs in lieu of Valentine's Day tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1001.5kb