Cruising the Atlantic Ocen


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 14th 2016
Published: January 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Thursday January 14th, 2016. Cruising the Atlantic Ocean



Today was the first of 4 days at sea, crossing the Atlantic Ocean to Recife in Brazil. There was nothing of any interest to either of us on the lecture/craft front this morning so we spent our time reading and doing puzzles. M walked around the deck for 4 miles to try to counter the calories that are readily available 24 hours a day. After lunch we went to the photography lecture which was on how to set up your camera. Later in the afternoon we went to watch the Egg Heads (passengers V crew) quiz which was really funny - mainly because cruise director Ross can't pronounce most of the questions. "He Brides" is the new way to pronounce the Hebrides! Katie - one of the singers who is from Scotland nearly fell off her chair laughing.



After dinner we went to see the new guest act who is a singer/comedian called Steve Terry. His singing was good but M found the jokes a bit tired. D liked them though. After the show the 4 of us went to the Karaoke Night in Scotts Bar. Not many passengers were up for it but M and Pam managed to "persuade" (set up) D to sing Mac the Knife. D made a really good job of it and received a standing ovation!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb