At Sea En Route to La Coruna


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
January 6th 2016
Published: January 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 6th January, 2016. At Sea.



Today we found out that the Captain (Antonio Morais) is the same guy that was sailing the Azores that we were on last January. We went for a posh breakfast (as opposed to a self-service canteen breakfast) where you get served by a waiter. We sat with two ladies called Janine and their partners Robin and John. Bridge came into the conversation and Robin was very keen for M to go and play as his wife didn't. M politely declined as she doesn't do Rubber Bridge. We went to a lecture on the Wildlife of the Atlantic at 11 am and then M had a bowl of soup in the canteen. We sat in the library for most of the day as it is in the middle of the ship. We have been crossing the Bay of Biscuits and the sea has been very very rough. The swells have reached 7 metres with 51 knot winds. This is set to continue all the way to La Corona - so its looking like we will arrive late. For the first time ever we both felt a little motion sickness - this soon passed though after a couple of port and brandys. We bumped into Pam during the afternoon and she reported that Stewart is really suffering and has been in the cabin all day. M suggested he try the P & B's - excellent cure for sea sickness!!



We met Pam and Stewart for dinner - Stewart was still a bit fragile but needed to eat. After dinner we all went to the show which was called "ABBA Dancing Queen". M and Pam loved it. After the show Stewart and D went to bed. M and Pam headed for the Scotts's Bar where there was a cabaret starring one of the guys from the show team. M and Pam were really glad that they made the effort as Mircea (a Romanian) was absolutely fantastic. Tomorrow we are on dry land but not sure when we will arrive as the sea is still really rough.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.37s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb