Bon Voyage


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
April 15th 2014
Published: April 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We awoke in Fort Lauderdale to 77 degrees and clouds in the sky which burned off by the time we boarded the ship. Not to appear eager but we were the first in line for the cruise. Ship boarding early has its benefits--we were able to take a few photos before the crowds arrived and find a good spot to wait for our room to be ready. And speaking of rooms--we purchased an inside cabin which means a small room with no window. A few weeks ago I called to see if we were eligible for an upgrade. Well to our surprise when we opened the door to our cabin, we not only had a window but a room with a balcony. I paid for a windowless room and received a room with a deck. We feel like we hit the jackpot!

So from our deck we waved goodbye to the U.S.A. We headed out to sea at a course of 24 degrees, a speed of 21 knots, winds of 7 knots, and seas less than 2 feet. Our cabin is at the aft of the vessel--reminds me of sitting on the cockpit of "Jeannie". It is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or afternoon beverage. But it was an excellent spot to watch the lunar eclipse. Jerry just happened to wake up during the night to see something strange in th the sky. Sure enough it was the eclipse and we had a front row seat to watch it. It was 5:30 a.m. and 74 degrees. This is starting out to be a great cruise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th April 2014

Great start to a great travel experience!

Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb