First sea day of six sea days crossing the Atlantic Thursday 8th November 2018


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
November 8th 2018
Published: January 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

The weather today is getting better, although it is still a bit windy.

Last night, we were given details of the first laundry offer for tomorrow. Fill a bag for $19.98. As we have Gold with NCL, we get the bag at half price. We just about managed to fill the bag.

We had an early start this morning, so had a quick breakfast in the buffet.

This morning, we took part in the behind the scenes tour of the ship taking just under three hours. This included all restricted areas other than the bridge which is off limits.

There was a group of 13 of us, and it was all very friendly.

We got to see most of the main workings of the ship. A lot of the senior staff members made themselves available to show us around their areas.

George particularly liked it when we reached the ice cream store. He is now happy they are not going to run out before we reach Florida.

It was very interesting to see the workings of the ship and also where some of the crew get to eat and relax. The tour included one of the kitchens where the chef had prepared us some light refreshment with a free private photo opportunity.

At the end, we went to the bridge viewing room on deck 13 so we could see the main control room. They no longer allow us onto the bridge.

Coincidentally, Captain Marco was there making his 12 o´clock midday daily speech covering weather and ocean aspects. When we he saw us all, he came into the room to speak with us briefly. A very nice touch and a great way to finish the tour. Theresa managed to grab and photo of George with the Captain.

We grabbed a quick lunch then went back to the cabin for some r&r and some travel blog writing.

This evening, we had a booking for dinner at Shanghai Chinese restaurant. It was worth waiting for after not being able to get in earlier in the week. They have a noodle bar attached that we are going to try later on in the cruise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb