Who is George?


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Sargasso Sea
November 3rd 2015
Published: November 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Still cloudy! Went for breafast and then decided to ask for refunds on our Vibe passes as we had heard quite a few people had done this due to the weather. Guest services lady very obliging, in fact later that day we received a note to say all vibe passengers had been refunded but were still welcome to use the facility should the weather improve.

Took the vibe refund money and some of Alex's casino winnings and booked day passes for the spa for the rest of the cruise, a really luxurious facility with amazing views from the comfy recliners, saunas, steam rooms, pool, hot tubs and a snow room!

Now on a couple of ocassions people have mistaken Alex for someone else, during this cruise. I am beginning to think he is leading some kind of double life. This afternoon we were walking along one of the decks when some bloke shouted "are you George?" Alex said, "err no" the bloke said "oh sorry, I thought you were one of the singers" , double life or not, I knew that couldn't be true!!

Next on the agenda was one of our favourite cruise events, the ship presentation and Q&A with the captain and senior officers. This took place in the main theatre and it soon got filled up. There were the usual batch of bizzare questions and then a funny English (well he had to be didn't he!) guy asked if we were sailing so far north in order to save fuel as his wife was driving him crazy about the weather! This question must have been on the tip of everyone's tongue as he got a big cheer. In fact as our map on the tv expanded eventually to show where we were in relation to the east coast of the US, we were surprised to find we were only just south of New York, hence the bad weather. The captain was pretty vague in his reply and gave more promises of blue skies in the coming days!!



Alex went to the fight klub class while I lazed in the room watching the waves.

Our previously cancelled 'After Midnight' show was rescheduled for 7pm so got ready and headed to the theatre. The show was a song and dance extravaganza based on 1930s Harlem, the music and dancing was fantastic and the backdrops and costumes were stunning, at the end the audience gave a standing ovation, well deserved.

As I mentioned before, I was somewhat fooded out so didn't fancy a big meal so we treated ourselves to glasses of wine in the new wine bar and then decided to try the tapas bar.

Now living in Spain we take tapas for granted but we both agreed the pata negra ham was the best we had eaten and overall the tapas we chose were fantastic. Chatted for a while with the chef over the counter and he gave us a second plate of the ham free of charge.

Can't say one hundred percent what the towel animal was tonight but we decided on Armadillo!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb