Here comes the sun (well for a while)


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Sargasso Sea
November 2nd 2015
Published: November 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

So far the weather has been pretty poor, grey days with wind and rain on some days, so have't been able to make use of our vibe passes. Today started a little brighter, we were rather confused with time changes so totally missed breakfast (not necessarily a bad thing).

Had a game of basketball (i won again) the dec ded to brave the ropes course, now this is hard to explain, you have to actually see it but it is a huge intricate network of ropes, ladders, tightropes, balance beams, zip lines and allsorts of apparatus including a 'plank' which you walk out on over the sea, as well as a zipline which whizzes you out over the ocean. You are of course strapped into a harness for all of this but it is still pretty exhilerating nontherless.

Spent quite a while on there and had a great time, finally left Alex walking the plank while I went to get the camera.

The weather was quite sunny now so we grabbed a quick bite at the buffet and headed to vibe where we lay out for a while before the sun disappeared once again.

Tonight we had a dinner and show booked. The show was 'Off the record, the brat pack' pretty much based on the 80s movie, 'The breakfast club' it was a really fun, fast moving music and dance show where even the serving staff played a part. The music was excellent, all 80s favourites and the vocals were excellent. Food was very good, surf and turf (or in Alex's case, turf and turf) yet more shrimp for me, washed down with the cocktail of the day.

Sticking with the 80s theme, it was party night at the Atrium bar so we stayed a while to watch the dancing and have a nightcap. Starting to get to know (from a distance) our fellow cruisers and as is tradition, give them all names.

A particularly good looking Mexican gay guy who always wears his jacket sleeves pushed up is Don Johnson, a guy off last year's cruise who always wore a t-shirt with a number on it will always be '54'. More of those to come!

A guy wandered by and gave Alex a big nod, Alex nodded back, friendly guy we thought, maybe he was one of the blokes watching the football with us the other day, then we noticed he was wearing one single silver, Michael Jackson-esque sparkly glove, Alex was nodding no more!

Favourite towel animal of the cruise so far, a Frazier lookalike boxer dog, wearing Alex's sunglasses!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb