Crossing the pond (2)


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Atlantic
April 24th 2016
Published: April 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We continue to experience gale force wind and 15' swells. Two more sea days until our first landfall, Horta in the Azores. This is a tender port and we may cruise past it if the seas continue rough. Did I mention I love it?



Played my second Hold'em tournament and finished second. Now ahead $8 for the voyage. MaryLu is attending cooking demonstrations, slots tournaments and bingo, followed by Mass.

I sit on the veranda and listen to the seas as the swells bounce off the ship, read and relax and ponder.



There is a new chef on board and the meals are excellent. They were always good but I find myself torn between entrees at every meal.



There have been changes that seem to go along with any new management. HAL always had mats in the elevators that named the day. They are gone and they are missed, especially with so many sea days. The clothes in the shops are shoddy compared to what they were or, alternatively, name brands and hugely overpriced. No one seems to be in the jewelry stores either and that is really strange. Not surprised that they are empty. The casino has not been busy when we pass through though it may get busy later in the evening.



We have a great mix of nationalities on board including a large contingent of Canadians and many Europeans who winter in FL. What we don't have are deep discussions. Probably a good thing but I kind of like knowing why folks feel the way they do.



And so the sea days come to an end and we will be off on new adventures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.8kb