BLT Day #4: A beautiful day at sea...


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Atlantic
April 27th 2015
Published: April 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today has been busy, but extremely relaxing. After a leisurely light breakfast in the cabin, Bowen and I did the "On Deck for the Cure!" 5K for breast cancer research. About 50 of us walked the track on a beautiful and breezy morning, all thinking about one or more women we know who have been touched by this terrible disease. I was thinking about so many of my friends who have successfully beaten BC, and one in particular - Cyndi G. - who is giving it one heck of a fight!

To cool off after the walk, we enjoyed some time at the pool deck listening to a band that plays all of our old goldies music. Of course, I was singing along. And speak of singing: today was the first "rehersal" for the Carribean Princess Sound of Music 50th Anniversary Choir! About 75 of us showed up not know what we would be doing, but it turns out, we're going to "perform" some of the favorite songs at a concert on one of our last sea days. The Assistant Cruise Director is the choir director, and he's one of the funniest humans I've ever met. In the process of splitting us into "Marias" and "Kids" then teaching us the separate parts for Do Re Mi, I laughed so hard I was actually crying. I'll keep you posted as our rehersals continue.

Later, we had a wonderful dinner, followed by a hilarious comedy show and some fun music trivia. As always, there are tons of things to do or you can choose to do nothing. It's the beauty of cruise life - nothing is really required of any passenger.

Praying that all of you are doing well!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb